In the absence of sufficient time to finish my drafts, some interesting reading:
- The Dice-O-Matic — guy runs games server. Players complain of pseudo-random number generation. Guy builds gigantic dice rolling machine, capable of 1.3 million rolls a day.
- Burnout — new A List Apart article by Scott Boms. “Know thyself, but be gentle.”
- The Maturity Gap — thoughts on nurturing new UX talent.
- Please Say Something — wonderful animated short from the creator of Octocat.
- The ultimate ways to test your site — the official version of my previously-published article for .net. I didn’t choose the title.
- Caring For Your Introvert — a paean to the quiet underclass.
- Examining Game Pace: How Single-Player Levels Tick — fascinating analysis of pace and flow within game design.
I wouldn’t have got round to reading many of these if it weren’t for the marvellous Instapaper iPhone app, which I highly recommend. Having my to-read backlog to accompany my daily commute has been a godsend. More thoughts on the commute later.